The Dolls House Forum

Visit our forum to meet dolls house and miniature enthusiasts.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

help wanted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mother of three3

PostSubject: help wanted   Tue May 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Very Happy hi i have started to do dolls houses and i want to do a street any idears would be helpfull.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie

PostSubject: Re: help wanted   Tue May 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi there, several of the back issues of one or two of the biggest dolls house magazines have colour pictures of some miniaturists house collections that they have arranged in a "street" - they might be worth tracking down. Haven't named them in case I upset anyone but they are easy to find. I would think that to make a decent street you will need a big space unless you go for a small 24th scale house - and these are in my humble opinion not so easy to furnish (and harder on the eyesight if you make any sewn things! Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura - Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: help wanted   Tue May 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Sid Cooke do a nice range of small 12th scale shops and houses that can be fixed together into a street.

Have a look at www.sidcooke.co.uk

They are a good option if you want to create several shops or houses and very good quality.

Loveday

PostSubject: Re: help wanted   Wed May 20, 2009 12:17 am

I have just started doing a street of shops made out of box files. The shops are not meant to be opened once finished. The window displays are viewed through the glass and a few contents through the door. I have almost finished the first one and have made and bought several things for others I have in mind. The beauty of them is that they take up a lot less space than the other houses I have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thmini2

PostSubject: Re: help wanted   Thu May 21, 2009 10:01 pm

We, my DH, and I just started a street. We used some shelving units about 2 1/2 -3 ft off the ground and I covered it with green material. There is room for about 4 large houses. We put it in the basement. The best part is that there is storage on the bottom shelves under the houses. We left room behind so that we didn't have to turn them to see the insides. I used the material to under the houses and it also falls about half way down the sides and covers some of the storage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help wanted   

Back to top Go down

help wanted
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1