The Dolls House Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dolls House Forum

Visit our forum to meet dolls house and miniature enthusiasts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator

Go down 
+17
Cheri Hite
Kimber
Thmini2
Hazel
angel
Val
s
inchbyinch
Minilin
Angie
ckslyker
lizzie
tina
Daisy Carpi
candyfloss
m1nn1e_0
Laura - Admin
21 posters
AuthorMessage
Laura - Admin
Admin
Laura - Admin

Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator Empty
PostSubject: Hi, I''m Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:35 am

Hi,

I'm Laura the forum administrator. I am also the owner of
www.ladollshouse.com and www.doll-house-miniature-club.com

I have been a dolls house collector now for 20 years and know a heck of a lot about dolls houses. Nine years ago I turned my hobby into my business and launched www.ladollshouse.com. This was followed by www.doll-house-miniature-club.com a few years later.

I am on hand to answer any dolls house and miniature questions you have and will try to visit the forum most days.

Just a little note about the forum

When I asked my newsletter subscribers what they would like in a forum a lot of you said that security had been an issue in previous forums you had visited. You indicated that it was not always clear how reliable people who posted in forums were and this could especially be an issue in buy and sell forums.

Taking this on board I have developed a points and reputation system for this forum. Every person who posts here will have a points score. You start of with 0 points and gain points for every post you make. You will also gain points for every friend you make here and for the number of days you have been registered.

Every member will also have a reputation score. Members can vote for your posts and boost your reputation score. They can also thank you for posting some valuable information and you can gain points in this way. You can also lose points if you receive a negative vote.

By using the points and reputation system you will be able to see how reliable members are.
Back to top Go down
https://thedollshouseforum.forumotion.com
m1nn1e_0

PostSubject: Well Done Laura!   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi Laura,

Congratulations on the launch of your new forum. A job well done for our miniature community. I look forward to spending many hours browsing the topics and look forward to meeting your forum members and sharing ideas.

Once again, thank you for all of your hardwork.
Kim (Sydney, Australia) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
candyfloss

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Hiya Laura
I second the well done and congratulations .
I to look forward to spending many hours learning and chatting to other enthusiasts.

many thanks for making the forum possible
Back to top Go down
http://www.staffiezone.co.uk
Daisy Carpi

Daisy Carpi

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi Laura
My name is Daisy,Thank you for inviting me.
Back to top Go down
http://miniaturasdaisy.blogspot.com/
tina

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi Laura

I am a new collector and I am looking forward to getting loads of inspiration from this forum. What a great idea!!!!
Back to top Go down
lizzie

lizzie

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi everyone,
Well done in setting this forum up Laura.I've had a dolls house for about twenty years but it's just in the last two years I've started to learn more about them and I've now two houses one is the Exmouth and the other is the Dartford (think it's called that lol)
I do lots of other crafts i.e foiled stain glass,hand and machine embroidery quilting.thats why I~ love the houses I love making things for them,learning as I go to make everything in miniature,I have a lot to learn,now that I'm semi retired I still find I don't have enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do. hugs Lizzie
Back to top Go down
ckslyker

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi Laura,

Thank you for having this forum.

I live in Benicia, California a small town 30 miles north of San Francisco.

A couple of years ago you shipped a kit to me. The shell is finally finished but I still have a long way to go!!

I'm looking forward to talking with you all.

Cindy Slyker
Back to top Go down
Angie

Angie

PostSubject: forum   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi Laura and anyone else on the forum. My name is Angela and I signed on tonight. Am looking forward to sharing ideas etc. I have three houses, a Willow Cottage and basement, a georgian country house and my dream house which is a big 15 roomed Deneway type house. Also have a very understanding hubbie ! Where I live (N.Ireland) we have no lovely fairs or exhibs and only a few retail outlets so the magazines and net are my lifesavers. Really enjoy my hobby as I can indulge my love of sewing and handicrafts with history and reading.
Back to top Go down
Minilin

Minilin

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi Laura

This is great and just what I (and I'm sure many others) have been waiting for. Can't wait to share and learn lots of tips and ideas.
Thanks Linda Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.miltonminiatures.com
Laura - Admin
Admin
Laura - Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:14 pm

It is so great to see so many of you logged on already.

Here's to chatting over the coming months Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inchbyinch

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:27 pm

Congratulations on the new forum launch — how exciting Smile
Looking forward to great things here!

cheers, Glynis
Back to top Go down
s

PostSubject: Hi   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:25 am

Very Happy Hi Laura,many thanks for starting this forum. It is one of those things I would have liked to do but am not that savvy with the PC lol! Hope we get loads of members (and new friends) and learn some new tricks along the way.
Chelle,Penwortham UK Pursuer of all things small!!http://community.webshots.com/user/chellebracken
Back to top Go down
Val

PostSubject: Hello   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:11 am

Hi Laura,
what a great forum you've built here, i'm sure i'm going to be a regular visitor. I love the website and now a new forum, how exciting! Congratulations, and the best of luck,

best wishes

Val Very Happy
Back to top Go down
angel

PostSubject: Hi   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:33 am

Thank you for all your hard work setting this up and thank you for inviting me to join you. Angel.
Back to top Go down
Hazel

PostSubject: Introducing   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:37 am

Congratulations, anyone in the mini world loves to know all about others with the same interest.
I have been in miniatures for 23 years, how time passes! and have also traded here in the UK during that time. I also give workshops and run my own list minis4all yahoogroup with a home forum page at www.minis4all.com
I have a hubby, three sons,2 dil's four grandchildren, and it's my 49th wedding anniversary tomorrow.

Best Wishes.

Hazel.
www.hazel-dowd.co.uk - Site down to renewing at the moment.
www.minis4all.com
www.britishminiatures.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hazel-dowd.co.uk      www.minis4all.com - Forum   www
Thmini2

Thmini2

PostSubject: Hi Laura   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:40 am

Hi and congratuations on the new forum. I am on my 3rd house and also 3rd contest. 4th contest due in dec. This looks to be a friendly place. Never too tired of "mini" talk.
Back to top Go down
Minilin

Minilin

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Happy anniversary, Hazel and hubby Smile .
Cheers Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.miltonminiatures.com
Hazel

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Thanks Linda.

Best Wishes.

Hazel.
www.hazel-dowd.co.uk - Site down to renewing at the moment.
www.minis4all.com
www.britishminiatures.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hazel-dowd.co.uk      www.minis4all.com - Forum   www
Kimber

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi Laura!

Thank you for the invite! I came over from your post on Small Stuff Digest.

Happy to be here and hope to make alot of new friends!
Back to top Go down
Cheri Hite

PostSubject: Intro   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi everyone...I hope I am posting this correctly. I couldn't figure out how to post a message on the whole subject of introducing oneself.
I live in western New York and my first hobby in life was at age 50 and it was dollhouse miniatures. I have two complete three dollhouses, and partially completed three additional, and some still in boxes. I was lucking enough to go to Chicago several years ago and spend a whole week. What a thrill. Belonged to some Massachusetts groups and then moved to New York in fall of 2004. No shops at all around here! There is a big hobby shop in Buffalo, however I have heard that it only has basics in the miniatures. Boy do I miss Earth & Tree in New Hampshire....it was a twice a year jaunt of one hour and one-half from the South Shore Of Mass. Three of my houses were made by Tom Berkner before our loss of his marvel0ous talent! He was such a welath of knowledge on the groups and in person!
Just met a miniaturist (FINALLY) in my area and we plan on getting together to "Mini".
Cheryl in Western New York
Back to top Go down
Carole

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 7:15 am

Hi Laura

Like all the other comments may I congratulate you on this forum.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Kate Graf

PostSubject: Hi Laura   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Thanks for providing this forum. I'm looking forward to participating in this "mini" world. Kate Graf

Laura - Admin wrote:
Hi,

I'm Laura the forum administrator. I am also the owner of
www.ladollshouse.com and www.doll-house-miniature-club.com

I have been a dolls house collector now for 20 years and know a heck of a lot about dolls houses. Nine years ago I turned my hobby into my business and launched www.ladollshouse.com. This was followed by www.doll-house-miniature-club.com a few years later.

I am on hand to answer any dolls house and miniature questions you have and will try to visit the forum most days.

Just a little note about the forum

When I asked my newsletter subscribers what they would like in a forum a lot of you said that security had been an issue in previous forums you had visited. You indicated that it was not always clear how reliable people who posted in forums were and this could especially be an issue in buy and sell forums.

Taking this on board I have developed a points and reputation system for this forum. Every person who posts here will have a points score. You start of with 0 points and gain points for every post you make. You will also gain points for every friend you make here and for the number of days you have been registered.

Every member will also have a reputation score. Members can vote for your posts and boost your reputation score. They can also thank you for posting some valuable information and you can gain points in this way. You can also lose points if you receive a negative vote.

By using the points and reputation system you will be able to see how reliable members are.
Back to top Go down
non

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi Laura,
Would firstly like to thankyou for setting up this forum. I have looked at one or two before but always felt a little lost as so many of the members obviously "knew each other". Here we are all just getting to know one another, looking forward to meeting and chatting to other members.
Back to top Go down
tilly44

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi Laura,
Thank you for the invite to join this forum and congrats to you for doing a good job.
I have been a collector for only a year and just starting my 2nd house/shop.
I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and picking up some good tips along the way.

Tilly44 flower
Back to top Go down
Laura - Admin
Admin
Laura - Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:19 pm

Thank you all for your lovely replies.

If you have posted your own 'Welcome' and I haven't replied yet I must appologise. There have been so many posts I haven't had time to read them all yet. I am getting through them though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator   Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Laura the Forum Administrator
Page 1 of 1