The Dolls House Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dolls House Forum

Visit our forum to meet dolls house and miniature enthusiasts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello From Hampshire!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Val

Hello From Hampshire! Empty
PostSubject: Hello From Hampshire!   Hello From Hampshire! I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:31 am

Hi, let me introduce myself. My name's Val, i'm 47 and mad about minatures!
It started for me only in the last 19 months when i met my now fiancee. I have always dreamed of having a dolls house, but always thought it would never become a reality.
Now i am very pleased to say that i have 3 besides various room boxes! My first was a shop box my fiancee made for me, i made that into an antique shop, then he bought me a shop which became a millinary shop set in the 18th century as i love history. I wanted to extend it, so David (my very patient fiancee i might add) lol! made an upper storey for me, which became a haberdashery shop and living area. My next project was a four storey house that is a garden centre on the first floor, hardware shop on the second, and living areas on the other two floors.

My third house, or should i say cottage, was made by my fiancee as a suprise at Christmas, it's a tudour style cottage with a marina at the front, complete with boats, ducks and a garden to one side, henhouse to the other, and full of memories of our trips away inside, from the cooked english breakfast on the table, to the minature models of steam engines, another passion of ours. It was all hand made and my pride and joy, something i will never part with and hope one day it will become a family heirloom!

I make as many of the minatures as i can for my houses/room boxes. I've made mistakes along the way, but i've learnt so much, i decorate all of my projects myself and i'm now a dab hand at lighting! I look forward to reading about other people's projects. I'm am addicted to minatures, so i am on the look out for my next project to do! Oh dear, what have i started Very Happy

Val
Back to top Go down
Minilin

Minilin

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Hampshire!   Hello From Hampshire! I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:54 am

Hi Val
I'm well impressed with your's and your fiance's achievements and would love to see some photos.
This forum is great and it's so nice to meet fellow enthusiasts lol!
Cheers Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.miltonminiatures.com
Val

PostSubject: hello   Hello From Hampshire! I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi Linda,

as soon as i get some more pics taken, i'll put them on the forum, and yes its great to have somewhere for us minaturists to go and chat and exchange ideas and problems. I look forward to meeting more like minded people such as yourself. flower

Val
Back to top Go down
pat

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Hampshire!   Hello From Hampshire! I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:16 pm

What a lovely partner you have Smile I can't wait to see your cottage it sounds wonderful sunny What a fantastic surprise to get flower
Back to top Go down
Val

PostSubject: post   Hello From Hampshire! I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi Pat, as soon as i return from my holiday, i promise i will post some photo's for you. It was such a lovely suprise, and the only time in my life i've ever been rendered speechless lol!
Back to top Go down
pat

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Hampshire!   Hello From Hampshire! I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:33 pm

Have a lovely holiday I love you I will look out for your pictures flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Hampshire!   Hello From Hampshire! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello From Hampshire!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dolls House Forum :: Welcome :: Introduce Yourself - Tell Us About Your Dolls House-
Jump to: