The Dolls House Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dolls House Forum

Visit our forum to meet dolls house and miniature enthusiasts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello from Delaware/USA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
karin42

karin42

Hello from Delaware/USA Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Delaware/USA   Hello from Delaware/USA I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:03 pm

My name is Karin and I've loved minis since childhood. I find it great that anything in full size can be made in mini. All my favorite hobbies like sewing, decorating, cross stitch, needlepoint, crocheting I do in mini.
I have 3 unfinished dollhouses and two that are ready to be furnished.
I'm looking forward to sharing and learning through this forum.

Til soon, Karin Smile
Back to top Go down
Minilin

Minilin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Delaware/USA   Hello from Delaware/USA I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:43 am

Hi Karin nice to meet you. My daughter is into cross stitch and needle point as I'm more handy with the tacky glue than a needle and thread lol!
Cheers Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.miltonminiatures.com
Karin F.

Karin F.

PostSubject: from Karin to Karin   Hello from Delaware/USA I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Welcome Karin!
I'm always amazed how many Karins with an 'i' I've come across since I got into minis. When I was a kid, everyone assumed my name was spelt incorrectly because they had never seen it spelled with an i instead of an e.
Back to top Go down
http://orrlakemusings.blogspot.com/
karin42

karin42

PostSubject: Re: from Karin to Karin   Hello from Delaware/USA I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi Karin, I know what you mean about the spelling......
When I grew up in Germany we had 4 Karins in our class, it was a popular name at that time..
It's nice to have a group of like-minded people. Around our town we don't have anyone into minis that I know of. I have yet to connect with a gal over an hour away from here, but will do that soon!
I love working with polyclay,mostly making food. It's so much fun. After that would come needlework and sewing. all in mini of couse. If I ever get my houses furnished I will learn to upload photos.

Nice to hear from you! Karin in Delaware/USA
Back to top Go down
Karin F.

Karin F.

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Delaware/USA   Hello from Delaware/USA I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:38 pm

"It's nice to have a group of like-minded people. Around our town we don't have anyone into minis that I know of. I have yet to connect with a gal over an hour away from here, but will do that soon!"
It was only because of my blog that I learned about a miniaturist one town over but there are no clubs close by. So like you, for me the internet holds the next best thing.

"I love working with polyclay,mostly making food. It's so much fun. After that would come needlework and sewing. all in mini of couse."
I've started working with roomboxes because I can be more creative by making more types of things. Usually I work with findings. Right now I'm finishing a birthday vignette (made inside a glass domed clock case) for a community sale at the end of the month. My daughter-in-laws' birthday is in July & she will be receiving a roombox made from an old suitcase. By then hopefully Angie Scarr's new book will have arrived because I'd love to try my hand using clay, starting with food & working my way up to people. As for needlework & sewing....fraid I flunked home ec in grade school. I couldn't even get an apron to come out correctly.

"If I ever get my houses furnished I will learn to upload photos."
I manipulate, change size, etc in Photoshop but to upload to a forum, I use Photobucket. I find it easier to use than the Servimg.com that's used here. It also helps to know HTML code. lol! If you need any help, let me know. I'd love to see your work.
mini hugs
Back to top Go down
greta

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Delaware/USA   Hello from Delaware/USA I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:02 am

Hello to you Karins with an "i "- my sister karin is spelled with an i! But I think the only mini she has is her 4 year old. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sewbeitbygreta.com
Karin F.

Karin F.

PostSubject: karins with an i   Hello from Delaware/USA I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:53 pm

greta wrote:
Hello to you Karins with an "i "- my sister karin is spelled with an i! But I think the only mini she has is her 4 year old. lol!

we won't hold that against her LOL

Hi to you as well, Greta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Delaware/USA   Hello from Delaware/USA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Delaware/USA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dolls House Forum :: Welcome :: Introduce Yourself - Tell Us About Your Dolls House-
Jump to: