The Dolls House Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dolls House Forum

Visit our forum to meet dolls house and miniature enthusiasts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Previously working tapewire won't provide power?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lagomorph8

Lagomorph8

Previously working tapewire won't provide power? Empty
PostSubject: Previously working tapewire won't provide power?   Previously working tapewire won't provide power? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:40 pm

This is the first time I've ever electrified a dollhouse. I watched a ton of videos, read a ton of FAQs, and managed to run a working tapewire! I know, because I checked both with the tester, and I plugged in a socket, tested it with ALL my lights.

After I wallpapered the house, all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore, except for one socket on the first floor. I don't understand. I suppose it's possible that a brad loosened (?!), but I haven't any idea how to fix it.

In addition, I must be the biggest idiot in the world, because I can't seem to plug in any new sockets (into parts of the tapewire I KNOW have power), and get them to light the lights. I know the lights work (with the one socket). I know SOME of the tapewire has power. I am so frustrated!

I think my next dollhouse is going to be hardwiring, this is very annoying.
Back to top Go down
http://rothermelandjones.blogspot.com/
Lagomorph8

Lagomorph8

Previously working tapewire won't provide power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previously working tapewire won't provide power?   Previously working tapewire won't provide power? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 am

I found the solution to my own problem- hit the sockets in more deeply, even if you thought they were already good. Yep.
Back to top Go down
http://rothermelandjones.blogspot.com/

Previously working tapewire won't provide power?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dolls House Forum :: Get Help - If you have a question ask it here! :: Lighting-
Jump to: