The Dolls House Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dolls House Forum

Visit our forum to meet dolls house and miniature enthusiasts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

hi i'm new on here

Go down 
+5
wood butcher
Minilin
kskitt
s
sez87
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sez87

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:58 am

Hi every one. bounce

Well I am 21 years old and I love my dolls houses to bits.

I am currently int he middle of restoring my Georgian dolls house which is about 16 years old and it is taking some time to do but loooks lovely know all the papering and caroeting is done.

I also have a victorian shop which is my mothers but I will be the one doign it up an dmaking it look nice agian that on is also about 16 years old.

I alos have a terrece house which I bought of ebay for a grand total of £17.50 I think it was. It is a kit so I have to build it up my self which will be an interesting task to do as I have never built one before affraid just glad I didn't buy anything to expensive or complecated to do. I have also just bought a basement for this house a friend of mine who is selling lots of her collection so I have that to build as well.

I will add pictures once I get time later on and hope to speak tomany of you on here Smile

TC
Sarah x
Back to top Go down
s

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:03 am

Welcome to the forum Sarah, we havn't been going long so everyone is new and we are all getting to know one another. Keep posting and happy (B) rambling.
Chelle, Daft pursuer of all things small
Back to top Go down
sez87

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am

HI Thanks for that is nice to see a new forum up and running with everyone getting to know each other still Smile
Back to top Go down
kskitt

kskitt

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:23 am

hi Sez, do i believe that i know you from DHE forum?
Back to top Go down
sez87

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:25 am

Well hello kskit Smile It is a small world aint it Wink

How are you??
Back to top Go down
Minilin

Minilin

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:30 am

Hi and welcome. Gosh you are going to busy but you'll love every minute of it. Can't wait to see your photos when ready.
Cheers Linda
Milton Miniatures
Back to top Go down
http://www.miltonminiatures.com
sez87

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:33 am

Hi Linda,

I will add pictures of the Georgian house tonight once I get home.

That house it pretty much ready know just need to do the out side of it and get the plaque made for the back of it.

TC Sarah
Back to top Go down
wood butcher

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: hi   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:52 am

sez87 wrote:
Hi Linda,

I will add pictures of the Georgian house tonight once I get home.

That house it pretty much ready know just need to do the out side of it and get the plaque made for the back of it.

TC Sarah

Hi Sarah,welcome to this great place for all dolls house things,oh and more,well i am the token bloke that does this sort of thing,and i must admit it i love it,i was asked by one of my grandaughters to make one for her,and i have loved it,the making of one and putting all the bits to it,it is good fun,and its nice to see once you have completed it(if ever)i have been on here about the same as most of us,and i find it of good help to me,and there are some realy nice people to assist you and anyone to do the things you want to do,well once again welcome and i hope you get involved with this site as most on here,bye for now,Ian
Back to top Go down
sez87

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:57 am

Aww Ian, Hello Smile

It was my grandfather who first got me in to dolls houses he made me the georgian one for one of my birthdays. Oh how I wish he was still aroudn ot help with the fiddly bits in the dolls house.

Saying that I do feel that he is with me when I do the dolls house as I get to the stage sometimes where I just want to walk away and wonder why I started restoing it because I can;t do something, then something inside says carry on you can do it and I do it. ( maybe its just my way of feeling close to my late grandfather I don't know but is how it is)

The plaque I am doign for the back of the Georgain dolls house is in Memory of my grandfather. I am also thinking of giving the house a name as it has never had one. The name I came up with was Gwynfor Manor. Don;t know what you think.

Ian Just checked your profile info it seems your bday is the day after mine Smile aint is horrible having your bday and xmas sooo close together!!!!

Take care Sarah Smile
Back to top Go down
wood butcher

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: hello   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:04 am

sez87 wrote:
Aww Ian, Hello Smile

It was my grandfather who first got me in to dolls houses he made me the georgian one for one of my birthdays. Oh how I wish he was still aroudn ot help with the fiddly bits in the dolls house.

Saying that I do feel that he is with me when I do the dolls house as I get to the stage sometimes where I just want to walk away and wonder why I started restoing it because I can;t do something, then something inside says carry on you can do it and I do it. ( maybe its just my way of feeling close to my late grandfather I don't know but is how it is)

The plaque I am doign for the back of the Georgain dolls house is in Memory of my grandfather. I am also thinking of giving the house a name as it has never had one. The name I came up with was Gwynfor Manor. Don;t know what you think.

Ian Just checked your profile info it seems your bday is the day after mine Smile aint is horrible having your bday and xmas sooo close together!!!!

Take care Sarah Smile
Hi again Sarah,you seem as though you will contribute greatly to the site,and that will make me and a lot more very pleased indeed,the name you said is realy nice,i like it a lot,it seems as if i have seen this name somewhere on my many travels to Wales,and yes birthdays near Christmas is not usually much fun,i dont know about you,but it has allways made an impact on just what i usually get,but now im getting on a bit(lot)it doesnt bother me that much,i am so happy you are giving the dolls house a plaque after your grand father,it means a great deal to me to know that ,once again nice to see you here,Ian
Back to top Go down
sez87

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:09 am

Well I am a welsh lass and my grandfathers name was Gwynfor so that is how the name of the house as come about Smile

Never in my life heard of a Gwynfor Manor in Wales at all and I am big time in to my history and all that special stuff to do with my heratige ( how ever you spell it Razz) but saying that it maybe hidden deep in the valleys of south wales or something.

I will try and help and advice people to the best I can. I am still pretty new to it all my self Smile only started gettign back in to it all and understandign it all better a few years ago.
Take Care Sarah
Back to top Go down
wood butcher

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: hi   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 6:23 am

sez87 wrote:
Well I am a welsh lass and my grandfathers name was Gwynfor so that is how the name of the house as come about Smile

Never in my life heard of a Gwynfor Manor in Wales at all and I am big time in to my history and all that special stuff to do with my heratige ( how ever you spell it Razz) but saying that it maybe hidden deep in the valleys of south wales or something.

I will try and help and advice people to the best I can. I am still pretty new to it all my self Smile only started gettign back in to it all and understandign it all better a few years ago.
Take Care Sarah
Hi again Sarah,i am sorry if i gave you the wrong impression,im not sure i have seen a manor called that,but somehow the name rang a bell somewhere in my dimly lit mind,it looks familiar in some way,but then im not welsh speaking so i wouldnt know,but i have allways enjhoyed going to Wales and especially the valleys,breathtaking is putting it mildly,im sure you will be an asset to our growing community,lots of best wishes,Ian
Back to top Go down
sez87

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:44 am

Ah right I get ya know Razz sorry i think i'm blonde at heart Smile

Well Gwynfor is a very welsh name don't think they get any welsher unless your surname is ap dewi or something like that which means son of dewi.

Look forward togetting to know you all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
non

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi Sarah lovely to meet another Taffy girl even if from the opposite end of Wales I am S/E Wales.
Gwynfor Manor sounds a very fitting name for your house. Look forward to seeing it.
Back to top Go down
pat

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Sarah that is a lovely story to your house ...your Grandfather would be so proud Smile
welcome to the forum I look forward to seeing your houses sunny
Back to top Go down
joe.1996

joe.1996

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi sez87, welcome to the forum and i have only just joined here as well
Back to top Go down
Betzy

Betzy

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:39 am

Hi Sarah

And a welcome to you to this forum.

I too have an old house, not one with you kind of story behind, but one that i bought and renovated. I have to have 4 shops in there.

Betzy
Back to top Go down
http://www.123hjemmeside.dk/miniatureverden
Sponsored content

hi i'm new on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi i'm new on here   hi i'm new on here I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi i'm new on here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dolls House Forum :: Welcome :: Introduce Yourself - Tell Us About Your Dolls House-
Jump to: