The Dolls House Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dolls House Forum

Visit our forum to meet dolls house and miniature enthusiasts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello from Norwich

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebecca

Rebecca

Hello from Norwich Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Norwich   Hello from Norwich I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:01 am

Hello everyone
I am Rebecca, and I live in Norwich in the east of England.
I have several dolls houses - periods ranging from Edwardian to Art Deco to modern. I also have a gypsy caravan, beach huts and more. They are mainly 1/12 scale, but for the fairly obvious reason that I have run out of space, I am moving to 1/48 scale.
As well as collecting minis, I also like to make them, mainly in polymer clay, although I am happy to try most kinds of crafts providing there isn't too big a risk of chopping off a finger, as I am fairly clumsy.
It is nice to see people here from so many different places.
Rebecca
Back to top Go down
http://www.weekendcottage.co.uk
creativelc

Hello from Norwich Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norwich   Hello from Norwich I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:24 am

Hi,
I also live in the East of England in Peterborough. Your houses and other properties all sound interesting.
Back to top Go down
Minilin

Minilin

Hello from Norwich Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norwich   Hello from Norwich I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:57 am

Hi Rebecca nice to meet you. I don't know how you manage 1/48th scale as I find my fingers too big for 1/12th at times lol!

Cheers Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.miltonminiatures.com
Rebecca

Rebecca

Hello from Norwich Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norwich   Hello from Norwich I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:31 am

Hello, it is nice to find other people in East Anglia here (sorry I don't know your name).
And Linda, you get used to 1/48, really. It does look daunting, but once you have been doing it for a very little while, 1/12 looks ginormous.
Rebecca
Back to top Go down
non

Hello from Norwich Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norwich   Hello from Norwich I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:50 pm

[size=12]Hi Rebecca,
I know what you mean about everything lookig gi-normous after working in 1/4 scale. Only done one project so far in that scale, but going back to 1/12th afterwards everything looked to big and I had to keep checking it.[/size]
Back to top Go down
teeny tiny me

Hello from Norwich Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norwich   Hello from Norwich I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:37 am

Hi Rebacca
My name is Chris, lovely to hear about your houses, I have a waterwheel cottage, that I have got set up in the war years, I also had bought by my husband last week a really nice room box, but its different in that its got a roof, all done in wooden tiles, and made to look tudor ish, he bought it from a shop in Scarboro, where a lot of their pieces are one offs. I have not got around to deciding what theme to do, a haberdashary or some kind of cluttered shop I think.
I like the idea of your Gypsy caravans, where do you get them from?
Back to top Go down
Rebecca

Rebecca

Hello from Norwich Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norwich   Hello from Norwich I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:56 am

Hello Chris
Nice to hear from you and your miniatures sound lovely. Do you have pictures?
I am so sorry, I can't remember where my gypsy caravan came from although I expect I bought it at a local fair here in East Anglia somewhere. I have seen a few at different fairs. I think they are probably becoming more popular as people want to try something different from a house.
Rebecca
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Norwich Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norwich   Hello from Norwich I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Norwich
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dolls House Forum :: Welcome :: Introduce Yourself - Tell Us About Your Dolls House-
Jump to: