The Dolls House Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dolls House Forum

Visit our forum to meet dolls house and miniature enthusiasts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New introduction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JoMed

New introduction Empty
PostSubject: New introduction   New introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:43 am

Hello,

Learned about this forum as a result of a post by one of your Mods in the Greenleaf forum.

My name is Jo and I have been into dolls house building for about 18 months now. It started with a simple house bought for my grandaughter from Toys R Us for Christmas 2008. I had such a blast putting this together and decorating it, my husband treated me to a house of my own. Its the Greenleaf Garfield (same house as at the top of the page in this forum) and I started building January 2009 - still going - its one huuuuuge house. Along the way I have taken detours creating daybeds, dressed beds, dolls house people, lanscaping etc so my progress on the Garf. has been a bit slow. Its complete inside but it needs more work on the roof and the landscaping. I hope to finish it in the next couple of months. I work full time so the winter months are a bit dark drab and cold in that conservatory - I'm a fair weather builder I think.

"Under the bed" - got a Rutland Grange and a Bath Town house waiting for attention. Got great plans for these but as all my houses are such big big constructions, I may have a bit of a problem with space. Garf is being built in my conservatory where its been far too cold to spend time for the last 6 months.

Looking forward to browsing round this site and meeting a few of the members but I thought I would introduce myself first.

Cheers
Jo
Back to top Go down
s

New introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: New introduction   New introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:45 am

Hi and welcome to the Forum.
Back to top Go down
s

New introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: New introduction   New introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi Jo, sorry it was a short welcome earlier on but I was busy with RL. Rolling Eyes You sound like me, I start a project and then get side-tracked lol! Hope you enjoy it on here and feel free to join in.
Back to top Go down
Minilin

Minilin

New introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: New introduction   New introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi Jo welcome to the forum. You're making better progress than me as I've had my house many years and still isn't completed internally. I also have the mackintosh house under the guest bed and for my birthday (January) my dh bought me a scottish cottage (flat packed) that is sat on my dining table!
I get side tracked so easily but have promised my dh that I will finish the cottage as it is quite small affraid
Cheers Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.miltonminiatures.com
JoMed

New introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: New introduction   New introduction I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Chelle and Linda, thanks for your warm welcomes. I am taking time out tonight to have alook around and get familiar with this place. Will try and upload a couple of pics if I can.

Cheers
Jo
Back to top Go down
elly

elly

New introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: New introduction   New introduction I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi Jo , welcome.
I am on and off the forum, being a tad busy with RL at the moment. Tonight I am treating myself to a quiet evening, though - even minis are too strenuous in my decayed state Smile

I have got several houses, and do stitching (embroidery) and I like to dress dolls.
You can see them in my photobucket album ( if you like) :
https://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/ellyandyael/

Cheers,
Elly(Amsterdam) cat cat cat
Back to top Go down
https://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/ellyandyael/
JoMed

New introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: New introduction   New introduction I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi Elly its lovely to meet you. Your work is amazing and so varied. I ws drooling over the Highwayman - brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: New introduction   New introduction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New introduction
Page 1 of 1