The Dolls House Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dolls House Forum

Visit our forum to meet dolls house and miniature enthusiasts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi, new and very excited!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
arienette

Hi, new and very excited! Empty
PostSubject: Hi, new and very excited!   Hi, new and very excited! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:06 am

Hi!
I'm new around here. I'm 21, and live in London with my husband and a beast of an 8 month old daughter who has just started crawling and puts things in her mouth faster than I can stop her!
I've been 'into' dolls houses for a long, long, long time. My childhood dream was to have a house so big that I had an entire room JUST for dolls houses. My mother didn't think it would last so never indulged me, so as long as I can remember I've been building dolls houses out of anything I can find. Cardboard boxes, walk-in closets, wardrobes...no space was safe. I also had no money to spend on real dolls house furniture or dolls or accessories, so I made it out of plasticine or Mechano, anything that would even remotely do the job. I only stopped when I was about 15 and no longer had the space to keep it up. Since then I've pined for a dolls house but always been too poor or not had the space. Now however, my husband has decided to indulge my childhood fantasy and allow me to go mad!

I hope to learn a lot from people who've been collecting longer than I have. I'm very very excited to be finally starting this journey!

Last edited by Arienette on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
s

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new and very excited!   Hi, new and very excited! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:10 am

Welcome to the Forum, glad you can finally indulge your passion! Hopefully you can pass your enthusiasm onto your daughter, never too young to start.
Back to top Go down
Minilin

Minilin

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new and very excited!   Hi, new and very excited! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi and welcome. I was much the same as a young girl (too poor for dollshouses) so made out of cardboard boxes (found egg boxes the strongest) and match boxes (make great chest of drawers). I now have 3 houses (only one built!) but had to wait til my 50's before I acquired the first one. You'll have to keep out of the reach of your daughter but, better still, buy her a child's one when she's a bit older then you can do the hobby together cheers
Cheers Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.miltonminiatures.com
s

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new and very excited!   Hi, new and very excited! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:28 pm

I made my chest of drawers in cooks bedroom out of match boxes! Cheap furniture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new and very excited!   Hi, new and very excited! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, new and very excited!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dolls House Forum :: Welcome :: Introduce Yourself - Tell Us About Your Dolls House-
Jump to: