The Dolls House Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dolls House Forum

Visit our forum to meet dolls house and miniature enthusiasts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rita's Roomboxes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karin F.

Karin F.

Rita's Roomboxes Empty
PostSubject: Rita's Roomboxes   Rita's Roomboxes I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:07 am

Rita, I looked at your roomboxes....very nicely done! Did you 'merely' silent put things together or did you make a lot of the things?
Your 'Tante Emma's Laden' is just incredible!! Shocked It must have taken an enormity to complete with all the different items that are stocked.
For the rest of you, in Germany, a corner shop used to be labelled as "Aunt Emma's". (Is it still called that, Rita?) Don't know why.....probably after one of the wars, too many little old ladies having to earn a living.
My family came from Berlin & emigrated in the 50s when I was a small child....that's why I know the term.
Rita, I have a favor to ask of you: I'd love to make a vignette of a booth at a Weihnachtsmarkt, preferably the old fashioned kind. If in your travels, real or online, you come across a photo or drawing etc showing me that kind of thing, would you email/send it to me? I'll open that request to anyone else as well. Here every craft fair etc is housed in a modern industrial sized building. Too sterile for my tastes.
Don't know if you guys across the pond lol! realize how lucky you are. In the part of Canada (Ontario) where I live, miniaturists are few and far between and a building is old if it dates back to the late 19th century...in which case, someone is sure to tear it down in order to put up a modern one.
...enough ranting
mini hugs
Karin
Back to top Go down
http://orrlakemusings.blogspot.com/
Rita

Rita

Rita's Roomboxes Empty
PostSubject: Karin, Ritas roomboxes   Rita's Roomboxes I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:41 am

Hi Karin,

thank you for the compliment ! The " Tante Emma Laden " was a kit from the USA, one of the very first roomboxes I made. The box itself was built by my DH from real oakwood. I only made the doll and the Fimofood myself.
You picked the only one which was a kit, LOL !

Usually I make everything myself except glass and metalthings. Sometimes I buy dolls, if they really attract me, but I like also to make dolls myself.

When I can find out what a " booth " is, I will find pictures for you ! Do you mean those oldfashioned wooden houses with the window to open in front, through which they sell the Christmasstuff on a market ? This will be easy to find and they are cheap in miniature !

Oh, back to the " Tante Emma Laden " Emma is a very common oldfashioned name in Germany. There were very small shops, run by ladies often called Emma. They knew everybody, always had time for a chat and were helpful when you had no money at the moment or needed some eggs on a sunday ( shops are closed on sundays over here )

We still have some of those shops at the countryside, but they are dieing fast ( unfortunately ).

Hugs, Rita
GSOLFOT

www.rwgermini.de
Back to top Go down
http://www.rwgermini.de
Karin F.

Karin F.

Rita's Roomboxes Empty
PostSubject: re booth   Rita's Roomboxes I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:11 am

"those oldfashioned wooden houses with the window to open in front, through which they sell the Christmasstuff on a market ?"
you're spot on with your definition of a booth!

"This will be easy to find and they are cheap in miniature !"
Do I take it they come as a kit? Or that photos are easy to find? ....and again when you write "cheap in miniature", I hope you realize that with the Euro so high compared to the Canadian Dollar, the word cheap is a misnomer. LOL

But being the 'poor relation', I'll gladly take whatever you find for me!!....either or.
thank you so much Very Happy
Karin
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

Rita's Roomboxes Empty
PostSubject: Karin   Rita's Roomboxes I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Hi again Karin,

please give me your private E-mail adress, so I can send you the pictures. I can not post them here because of the copyright.

I will check the miniature versions. As I remember they are between 20 Euros and 40 Euros ( bare, just the structure, assembled )

Hugs, Rita
GSOLFOT
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

Rita's Roomboxes Empty
PostSubject: Christmas in June   Rita's Roomboxes I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Here comes German Christmas in miniature. Rita's Roomboxes Weihna10
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

Rita's Roomboxes Empty
PostSubject: German Christmas   Rita's Roomboxes I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:08 pm

The right side

Rita's Roomboxes Weihna11
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

Rita's Roomboxes Empty
PostSubject: The fireplace with crosstitch   Rita's Roomboxes I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:10 pm

A friend embrodered all the pictures in this room.Rita's Roomboxes Weihna12
Back to top Go down
karin42

karin42

Rita's Roomboxes Empty
PostSubject: Karin to Karin   Rita's Roomboxes I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:48 am

Karin, nice to meet you. Our background is very similar. My family came to the US in '51 but I finished school in Germany and came to the US when I was 18.
It is great that we have so many countries represented here, I never knew there are so many miniaturists til I found the internet,LOL.

Mini greetings, Karin in the state of Delaware/USA
Back to top Go down
Karin F.

Karin F.

Rita's Roomboxes Empty
PostSubject: Hi Karin to Karin   Rita's Roomboxes I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:21 am

"It is great that we have so many countries represented here, I never knew there are so many miniaturists til I found the internet" ~Karin42

I have a very short attention span....quick to interest, just as quick to drop it & go to the next thing.
When I started with minis, I began a blog about what I was doing. It's amazing how many people from different countries read it and now that Google has an easy to use translator...just needs more languages added...I can follow blogs written in Spanish, French & Italian. I can constantly amazed how creative and artistic some people are & it keeps me going. This is the first hobby I have had, that requires so many skills, from basket weaving, clothes making, furniture building, knitting, crocheting, landscaping, rough & finished carpentry, etc, etc and etc that you could never lose interest. There's always something new to learn.
Of course my blog has expanded since I started it; like many bloggers, I now write about my garden, and my adventures in real life in addition to miniatures. I even read a German blog which consists of postings about the ladys' garden just to keep my german language skills current.
Then after the blogs, I got involved with forums which are like online clubs. Since I'm in the boonies of cottage country here, I have no clubs close by. And the added features of forums are the tutorials, the help you can receive and of course the swaps & contests.

So Karin, nice to meet you. We'll have a great time here in our club.
mini hugs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rita's Roomboxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rita's Roomboxes   Rita's Roomboxes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rita's Roomboxes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dolls House Forum :: Welcome :: Introduce Yourself - Tell Us About Your Dolls House-
Jump to: